Description: EQI's Field Supervisors are responsible for leading and managing the performance of a small Invasive Plant Management Team treating invasive exotic plants utilizing a variety of techniques including chemical, mechanical and physical methods while demonstrating the ability to improvise, adapt and overcome difficult situations in the field.
Travel will be continuous and encompass all areas within Florida, with certain projects requiring out of state travel. Extended hours in variable weather conditions are often encountered. Field Supervisors must be highly flexible, possess a strong work ethic and have a good attitude.
Location: South Florida - Jupiter
Job Category: Full-time employment
Salary: Commensurate with knowledge level and practical experience
Last Date to Apply: Until positions are filled
PLEASE SEND RESUMES TO MAXMURRAY@EQ-INC.COM.
· Candidates must possess, at a minimum, a Bachelor of Science Degree in an Environmental Science related discipline, or be in pursuit of such a degree,
· 3+ years experience in the invasive plant industry,
· Current Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS) applicator license in Core, Aquatic, and Natural Areas categories, minimum,
· Knowledge of hostile terrain, poisonous plants and animals and biting insects,
· Identification Florida native and invasive/exotic aquatic and terrestrial plants,
· Ability to travel frequently for significant amounts of time,
· Ability to withstand long hours of physically challenging work in adverse tropical climates including high temperatures and humidity,
· Valid Florida driver’s license and a clean driving record,
· Knowledge of data and record keeping including ability to operate GPS receiver,
· Ability to operate and conduct field maintenance of airboats, ATV’s, swamp buggies, and similar vehicles; and avoid hazards associated with the operation of such equipment,
· Conduct daily inspection and maintenance of truck and equipment,
· Conducts daily inspection and inventory of safety equipment for him/herself and crew,
· Proficient in Microsoft suite, knowledge of ARC GIS,
· Properly complete Daily Progress Reports (DPR’s) daily,
· Familiarity with invasive plant management protocols,
· Operate spray apparatus, including electric pump, gas powered pumps, and hand pumps, and
· Supervise 10 person crew.
Successful applicant will have a genuine love of the outdoors, a positive attitude, and good communication skills with bilingual (English/Spanish) skills ideal.